Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bon Voyage, Ohio

Since I launched this blog in the Fall of 2007, I have never written post about my personal life or plans. After graduating in June of this year, my family, friends and old co-workers have begun to scatter across America. That being said, this is the best way to give you all an update on the next steps in my life and career!

After graduation, I moved to Columbus and began at Northlich less than 48 hours after my commencement ceremony. I originally planned to stay in Columbus, as it is close to my immediate family and network of friends and professionals.

Now that September is upon us, I have chosen to take the next step in my career by moving to Chicago. I recently accepted a post-graduate internship position with Weber Shandwick and am set to begin October 5th of this year. For those of you unfamiliar with Weber, it is one of the world's largest PR firms and was recently in the news after MySpace selected it it's AOR. I will make the move October 1 into an apartment in the north side of the city.


Needless to say, I am more than thrilled with the opportunity. I have loved my experience at Northlich and am extremely grateful for the mentorship, exposure to new projects, and wonderful friendships I have gained during my time there. I will miss Ohio and many close friends, but am very happy to offer a pull-out couch for visitors in the Windy City!

Of course, I fully intend to work my rear-end off to turn my internship position into a long-term job within a couple months. Regardless, I will stay in Chicago for at least 1-2 years and take that time to learn everything I can while being surrounded by some of the best in my industry. Thank you to everyone who has always shown support and make a continued effort to stay connected, no matter how many miles are between us.

As I prepare to move, I am nostalgic about the networking trip I planned for Ohio University's chapter of PRSSA to Chicago earlier this Spring. Thank you to Aaron Baer for the video below!



A convenient side effect of my transition is a three week "summer vacation" during the month of September. During that time, I will be attending both my cousin's and best friend's weddings, along with a few adventures in between. I would love to share all of my plans with you, but I prefer to keep at least some information private amongst family and friends. Feel free to e-mail me or follow me on Twitter!

pauljmatson (at) gmail (dot) com

3 reactions:

Ashley Showen said...

Congrats, Paul! It sounds like a great opportunity. And Chi is amazing! We'll all miss you at OU this year. Good luck with everything!

Kristen Cox said...

Hey Paul. I just wanted to congratulate you on your big move to Chicago. I am actually living in Chicago as well (Evanston)so if you ever want to hang out or need help finding your way around feel free to call! Congrats again and I hope to see you around Chi-town!

Ali Myers said...

I'm so happy for you!

Post a Comment | Feed



 
^

The Social Media Institute
original page design by Paul J. Matson
Creative Commons License